General Information For Clients
Appointments are available Monday to Friday, between 9:00 to 5:00.
Sessions generally last about one hour.
The first sessions focus primarily on assessment. We discuss why you decided to come, and the problems you would like to work on. I will review your history, and ask you questions about your background. This gives us a chance to see if we feel comfortable working together and gives you an opportunity to ask questions. Then we discuss a treatment plan.
We work together to help you achieve your goals. Initially, we meet more frequently, and then, when you are ready, we may meet less frequently as you apply what you have learned, outside the sessions. Toward the end of therapy, we also discuss relapse prevention.
My approach is primarily cognitive behavioral — that means we work on changing behaviours and identifying and modifying thoughts that contribute to negative feelings or habits.
I also do schema therapy, which looks a bit further than thoughts and behaviours, to help identify general patterns in your life and where they may have developed. After identifying them, we work together to help you change them.
- Payment is due at the end of each session, payable by cash, cheque or debit. I will provide you a receipt for income tax/insurance purposes.
- Check with your insurance company to see if you need a doctor’s referral to be reimbursed. If so, your doctor need only write “I refer ____ for psychological consultation/therapy”.
- Please contact me to find out my current rate.
- My office is located in Westmount, at 245 Victoria Ave., Suite 410.
- Between de Maisonneuve boulevard and Ste. Catherine West.
- Close to Vendôme Metro.
View Larger Map